24 juli 2011

Anna Ura




 




Images of blurry lights can be very beautiful and inspiring. Take a good look at these images, these aren't photographic pictures but they're actually oil paintings by artist Anna Ura:

'All of my paintings are based on photographs, or video stills taken while traveling. Through these images, I strive to evoke the feeling of a place, rather than the straightforward documentation of traditional landscape painting. The images are often blurred through movement or the act of passing through. They are the moments in between destinations. These images tend to etch strongest in my memory of the places I've been and evoke nostalgia and a sense of longing for distant places and times.'

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...