16 maart 2012

Doel - Belgium



Last weekend I was on my way to my parents when I thought about visiting Doel, near Antwerp (Belgium). I knew about this small village 'cause this is where one of the two nuclear power plants is situated quite near to where I grew up (in Zeeland, near the border of Belgium). The past decade Doel is threatened with complete demolition due to future enlargement of the harbour of Antwerp. This made Doel into a ghost town. And well worth a visit because since the depopulation, Doel has attracted numerous street artists.

It was a gloomy day, as you can see in the pictures, and somewhat scary for the children... 















above: Street artist Roa






2 opmerkingen:

  1. Wat een prachtige sfeervolle foto's. Zo leuk ook die walvis met jullie hond.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wow we love street art! Gorgeous pictures!
    XoX / Maja@PerfectionMakesMeYawn

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...