1 april 2012

Urformen der Kunst



Amazing work by Karl Blossfeldt (1865 - 1932), German photographer, sculptor, teacher and artist who worked in Berlin. He is best known for his close-up photographs of plants and living things.

Some 20 years ago I got to know this book when I did research for a project in Art College. The school library had a beautiful copy of it. I often went back to get inspired by the images. Until one day the library no longer had the book, someone had stolen it from the library. The book always stuck in my mind and when Taschen published a cheap edition I bought it and I bought the postcards as well. But I was never satisfied with the print quality.

So, a month ago, I decided I wanted an older edition and searched online. I found this beauty from 1953. The first edition is from 1935 but is way too expensive for me. However, it would be amazing to be able to find an original print...













2 opmerkingen:

  1. Mooi dit.Grappig dat het fotografie is. Ik dacht eerst dat het pentekeningen waren. ik kan nog wel eens voor je op zoek gaan in Berlijn?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Lijkt me geweldig als je die vindt! Weliswaar zal een origineel erg duur zijn...

      Verwijderen

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...