1 maart 2013

Linn Meyers


Linn Meyers' work revolves around drawing. Each dense and intricate ink line drawing is the result of a nearly meditative process by which Meyers lays down consecutive lines into largely organic forms, creating rhythmic repetitive patterns. Working in a range of scales, Meyers has in recent years moved from the page to creating site-specific wall drawings. Ambitious in scale and labor, these drawings can take several weeks to complete, their shapes responding to the architecture of the space and the surrounding elements. 

Her work inspires me because it's quite similar to my way of working. I recognise the mediative process and the rhythmic repetitive patterns. I would love to work on a larger scale than 100 x 70 cm!





Detail:




Detail:





Prints:




Detail:



Site specific:













Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...